Being introverted isn’t something that I’ve necessarily liked about myself for the majority of my life. As a result of my introversion I’m shy (although this may not be the case for everyone) which is something I’ve almost always disliked about myself. Instead I always wish that I was more extroverted
Despite the negatives, there are some things I actually enjoy about being introverted. So let’s get into the positives instead of focusing on the negatives! 🙂
1. Introversion means I notice things – I’m observant. – Being the introvert that I am, I’ve noticed that I’m very observant. And being observant means that I pick up on a lot of things which is very useful for my writing. The little details that I observe in the outside world is something I can easily include in my writing.
2. Introversion makes me a better listener. – It’s true. Being introverted means that I’m a great listener, even if I may not be the best at giving the best advice, I’m always that person that others can talk to. It’s definitely I quality that I enjoy having.
3. Introversion means I’m more cautious. – I’m less likely to take risks than extroverts, and being the observant person that I am, I’m also more likely to notice any risks within my surroundings. Hurray for being an introvert!
4. Introversion can mean that I’m more independent in a sense. Being introverted means that I don’t thrive from working with other people, most of the time anyway. BUT that isn’t a bad thing as it means I’m more independent when working on things. For the majority of the time, when I have my mind set to something I’d much rather do that task independently than asking others for help. That’s just the way I am and I’m the type of person who likes to do things in their own way.
5. Introversion also means that I enjoy my alone time, a lot. – Alone time is great, not to mention that it gives me a chance to recharge my batteries and relax. Time spent with myself is just as great as social interaction with friends or anyone else you meet on a day-to-day basis.
That’s 5 reasons why I enjoy being introverted wrapped up! Here’s my question for today – Whether you’re an introvert, an extrovert, or in between, what do you enjoy the most about it and why? Leave your answers in the comments, I’d love to read them!
Have a lovely day!
Keep updated with my blog posts on bloglovin’