Self care is always important. Even you only have a small amount of time in your busy schedule then it’s better than nothing. Self care is something that everyone should make a habit in their busy daily schedules because it can truly help you and your mindset. This is something that I definitely need to work on myself!
Before I begin rambling, let’s get into some useful self care tips. ↷
1. Going outside. Fresh air is honestly the best when you’re feeling a little stressed or down. It’s such a great and easy self care tip that doesn’t even have to take much out of your day. Even if you go for a walk, or a run, or something similar for 30 minutes to an hour every day then it’s better than nothing!
2. Spending time away from social media. Social media is great, but not always. Sometimes social media can add to unhappiness when you see other people’s highlight reels, despite the fact that this isn’t real life because no one’s life is perfect. We just rarely share the bad times on social media. So, spending time away from social media can really do you good.
3. However, if staying away from social media is too difficult, then why not try watching your favourite youtubers whenever you have free time to do so. This can be a great way to escape the pressure and reality of life and any difficult situations that you may be facing at that time, even if it’s only a short escape. It really does help to take your mind off things for a while. I have a blog post on my favourite youtubers if you want to check that out too!
4. Writing. Whether that be writing in a diary or writing your thoughts out in a blog post, a lot of the time this can really take things off your mind. It has the ability to make it feel as though a weight has been lifted from your shoulders, simply because you’ve got it out of your mind by writing it all down.
5. Reading. Here I’m referring to reading a fictional book (but the preference of what you read is totally up to you, of course). Reading really helps to escape into another world and into the lives and conflicts of fictional characters whilst being a distraction from your own life for a short while.
6. Getting enough sleep. Preferably 7-10 hours. Getting the right amount of sleep for you is always a simple yet a good way to boost your mood (and also productivity!) over time. Your brain and body needs time to rest and reset itself. If you find it difficult to get to sleep then I find that reading helps me to fall asleep quicker, it’s honestly really helpful. Also, try and avoid going on your phone and such right before you go to sleep. It’s such a distraction and can keep you awake for hours (although I am guilty of this, not going to lie!).
7. Meditation. Meditation is a great way to clear your mind when you’re feeling stressed. I’ve only done this a couple of times, but the couple of times that I have it’s been great at clearing my mind. There will be a tonne of free meditation apps in the app store, whether you’re on iPhone or Android, try and test some out and you’ll soon find one that you’re happy with.
8. Lastly, spoil yourself (or someone else). Spoiling yourself and splurging a little bit of extra cash on something that you’ve wanted for a while. Especially if you’re feeling down this will definitely help to boost your mood. You deserve to spoil yourself every once in a while. Also, spoiling something else may also do the same trick. Knowing that someone is happy because you’ve gone out of your way just for them is such a great feeling!
What are your favourite self care tips? I’d love to know in the comments! Other than that, have a lovely day wherever you are!
Keep updated with my blog posts on bloglovin’