At the beginning of last month I wrote a blog post which enlisted my goals that I hope to achieve in the next three months. (Self promo – here is the link to that post if you’re interested in reading it.) As a quick post for Friday I thought that I would post an update to that and let you know how I’m getting on with the posts.
To be fair, I’m pretty impressed with myself. The three months isn’t up just yet but I have completed quite a few of the goals, more than I would have expected myself to in all honesty.
Here are the goals that I’ve completed so far:
1. I’ve finished outlining my story from beginning to end, but I just haven’t started writing it yet. I probably need to write a couple of character profiles before I properly get into the writing process, however. I’m glad I’ve finished outlining it, it’s all ready to be written now! (Also, I might make a blog post on the outline process I used since it was really helpful for me.)
2. So far I would say that I’ve consistently posted 2-3 times a week over the past month or so, despite when I took a two-week break which I really needed. I’m still proud of that! Let’s hope I can keep it up until the end of June.
3. One of my goals was to reach 50 followers on WordPress. Somehow I managed to surpass this and I now have 70 followers on WordPress! That’s crazy and I don’t know how I did it, but I’m proud of that.
4. Another goal of mine was to reach 500 followers on twitter and I smashed that goal too, I almost have 550 followers on twitter! (More self promo, my twitter is linked at the end of this blog post along with all my other social media accounts, check them out!)
5. Throughout the past month or so I’ve also consistently rebuffered older posts that I believe people will be interested in or find useful. (I use the app Buffer if you haven’t guessed already.) This is what helped me reach my next goal which I’m about to mention.
6. Somehow I have managed to gain 1,000 views on this blog too, which for me is amazing. I know that it’s not much, but I’m small blog who is slowly building up their following and readers. I’m enjoying the whole process and experience of blogging and that’s what really counts.
Somehow, I’ve managed to complete half of my goals already with over a month to go, which is great. I’m pretty proud of that and I hope I manage to complete the rest of the goals!
Keep updated with my blog posts on bloglovin’