Starting a blog can be scary and there’s a lot to think about too. Blogging isn’t an easy hobby either – it is very time consuming to say the least but rewarding at the same time. The benefits of blogging definitely out way the downsides of blogging and this is exactly what this post is about, so let’s get into the benefits of blogging.
- Getting to know new people. Blogging is a great way to get to know new people and connecting with others online who also blog. People that you will have probably never met or spoken to otherwise!
- The ability you express yourself freely. Blogging allows you to express yourself, your thoughts and your passions freely. No one in the blogging community is going to judge you for that. As far as I have come across (touch wood) the blogging community is very supportive of other people for the most part which is honestly so nice.
- Raising awareness. Depending on what topics you’re blogging about it can raise awareness about certain issues and develop discussions about those issues. For example, on mental health, sexuality, gender and much more.
- Improving your writing skills. Writing is a valuable skill and the more you practice writing, the better you get at it. Blogging consistently allows you to regularly produce and edit content for others to read, therefore helping you to refine your writing skills.
- Receiving positive feedback. Positive feedback gives you a positive rush of emotion. It’s lovely to know that people appreciate your blog posts and leave a little comment. We all love receiving positive feedback, it really makes you feel appreciated!
- It’s free. Blogging is absolutely free and it’s easy to set up, what more could you want?!
How has blogging benefitted you?
Don’t forget to follow me on my other social media below;