Just today as I am writing this I decided that I would take on the challenge of blogtober. For those who don’t know what blogtober is, it’s basically where bloggers take part in writing every day for the month of October. Kind of like blogmas, but not Christmas themed (or at least that’s how I see it anyway).
This was very spontaneous of me since I had literally no plans of doing this beforehand, hell I hadn’t even given blogtober a thought before this, but here we are. I’m not promising great things from this since I am working full time alongside taking up this challenge, but it’s a challenge nonetheless and I’m always up for a challenge. It’s not going to be easy in the slightest but I’m going to give it my best shot and see how it goes.
Since I’ve decided to take part in blogtober I thought that it would be a good idea to set myself some goals on the first day for myself to achieve. At least by having goals for my blog during blogtober it will give me a sense of motivation to achieve them (or so I hope) and I’ll see how it all goes in a month’s time.
- Complete blogtober. This first goal of the month is a pretty easy goal to make, but not as easy to maintain. Like I’ve said previously, I also have a job where I’m working from half 8 in the morning to 5pm in the evening (also bearing in mind that I don’t get home until quarter to 6). With this goal I’m just going to have to make sure that I use my spare time and lunch breaks wisely.
- Reach 500-600 WordPress followers. It would be amazing if this time next month I managed to achieved at least 500 WordPress followers which would be halfway to 1,000.
- Reach 3,500 Twitter followers. Currently I have 2,800 followers on Twitter and I love using Twitter to find new bloggers and read new blog posts. Another 700 followers won’t be easy since I’m not as active on there as I used to be but hopefully this is something I can achieve.
- Schedule 5 blog posts to post on Twitter each day. With having a full time job it isn’t easy to be active on Twitter, it’s very difficult. I know how helpful scheduling tweets can be, I just need to get back into the habit of it.
- Get involved in blogger chats at least once a week. I’ve been slacking with getting involved with the blogging community over the past couple of weeks purely because I’ve been busy. This month, however, I’m going to try and make an effort to getting involved with twitter chats at least once a week.
Keep updated with my blog posts on bloglovin’