If you’ve been keeping up with my blog then you’ll know that I started a bullet journal back in May of this year. If you’re planning on starting a bullet journal then you don’t need to go all out and spend your money on expensive supplies in order to get started, you might not even be sure if bullet journalling is for you. The basics that you need are a notebook and a pen, but I’ll go into detail as to the specifics that I use!
Wilko’s currently have a dotted journal in their stores at the moment which is why I began to start bullet journalling again. From what I remember this journal is no more than a couple of pounds, it was definitely not more than five pounds that’s for sure! It’s cheap and inexpensive compared to others that people recommend for bullet journalling.
A more expensive option is the Leuchtturm 1917 which you can get dotted also. I would also recommend this if you’re willing to spend a bit more money on a notebook for bullet journalling, it’s completely up to you what kind of notebook you buy and which you prefer! Both the Wilko’s and the Leuchtturm 1917 notebooks are just as good.
A Pen / Pens
Since starting a bullet journal I have essentially stuck with supplies that I already have and enjoy in general anyway. They work for me and my bullet journal at the moment so I would definitely recommend the pens that I’m about to list below.
- Staedler Triplus Fineliner Pens. These are my absolute favourite type of pens to write with and for me they’re also perfect for bullet journalling. I like these for drawing grids for calenders, for borders and for general, simple lettering. I normally get these from Tesco when they’re on offer for half price!
- Bic Cristal Orginal / Fun Ballpoint Pens. Bic cristal pens are also my favourites since I began using them They’re nothing fancy and I they’re also good for bullet journalling, I like them at least anyway. I’m sure that you can get a pack of these for a decent price too.
The list of bullet journal supplies doesn’t end there! There are other little bits and bobs that you could also buy in order to make your bullet journal look that little bit more prettier. These are extras so you if you want to skip on buying these kinds of supplies for your bullet journal then that’s completely up to you!
- Washi tape. This is a popular one and also one that I currently use. I don’t use anything extravagent – I simply bought a pack of 12 rolls from Amazon which I’ve linked. They’re currently unavailable but you can always get something similar. I also like using this to cover up mistakes that I make.
- Stickers. Personally, I’ve never used stickers for my bullet journal but I know that some people do. If this is something that you wanted to go for then I’m sure that you could find some either in a stationery shop such as Ryman or online. Have a look around and see!
- Staedler Highlighters. These are my all time favourite highlighters and I will not use any other brand, I just love them. These aren’t a necessity when starting your bullet journal but they’re a nice extra to make your bullet journal look pretty. It’s completely up to you!
I don’t want to make this post too long so I hope that this is a start for those who are beginners in bullet journalling! Maybe if you’re already bullet journalling this will give you ideas of what to use that you may not have thought of before.
Don’t forget to follow me on my other social media below;