Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll most likely know about the 10 year challenge that’s gone around social media, whether that’s Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. If you don’t know what this challenge is then it is essentially where people post pictures of themselves, one from 2009 and one from 2019 in order to show a ‘glow up’.
This isn’t something I’ve personally taken part in myself, mainly because of insecurities. I saw Jenny write a 10 year challenge blog post which gave me the inspiration to write about my own achievements that I’ve accomplished over the past decade. I think that it’s a great way to see how much you’ve grown, changed and achieved in a personal aspect rather than just seeing how much you’ve changed in terms of a physical aspect. As the years have passed, I definitely wouldn’t have expected to be where I am today, but at the same time, I’m grateful!
Ten years ago I was a mere 11 years old and now I’m 21 years old. So, of course, there’s definitely going to be a big ‘glow up’ considering I’ve gone through the whole puberty and teenage stages of my life. There’s definitely a hell of a lot that’s changed over this past decade (I’d be worried if it hadn’t to be honest) but without it all, I wouldn’t be who or where I am today. For that I’m grateful.
Here are just some of the things that I’m proud to have achieved over the past decade of my life.
- I achieved good GCSE grades (1 A, 5 B’s and 4 C’s)
- I went on to achieve even better A-Level results (A*BB) and got accepted into my first choice university (although I didn’t end up staying in university)
- I landed myself my first job (which I loved) surrounded by supportive people
- Over a year later, and after a lot of stress and anxiety, I managed to land myself a permanent position
- I moved out of my family home for a short while and enjoyed the independence
- I finally started my blog properly back in 2016 and I haven’t looked back ever since
- I cut off toxic people in 2018 – something that definitely isn’t an easy thing to do
- I’ve grown a lot in confidence, which I’m proud of
- My love for writing, both creative and non-fictional, have grown over the past decade which is what has led me to have this blog
There will be probably a lot more things that I’ve achieved and accomplished over the past decade, but these are the ones that come to the forefront of my mind. So much can happen and change within the space of a decade, but like I said previously, I grateful for where I am today. I genuinely can’t wait to see what the next decade holds for me and where life will take me.
What are you proud to have achieved over the past ten years?
Don’t forget to follow me on my other social media below;